WENATCHEE, Wash. – The Wenatchee Wild junior hockey club and Wenatchee Wild Development Teams are seeking a billet coordinator for the 2023-24 season. As many of the players on each team come to the organization from outside of the Wenatchee area, the Billet Coordinator is a key position for the Wild organization. This person helps ensure that our Wild and Development Team players and billet families have a positive experience throughout the season.
- Reporting to Wenatchee Wild Head Coach Chris Clark & Hockey Director Troy Mick.
- Identifying and recruiting potential billet families throughout the hockey season and within the community.
- Attending house visits to ensure potential homes meet team qualifications.
- Serving as a resource to billet families during the season (approximately August 15 – April 15) for questions or concerns. The Billet Coordinator will facilitate getting answers to questions and getting the appropriate Wild staff member involved to resolve any issues that arise.
- Monitoring player placement/matches including an initial check-in with each family and periodic check-in throughout the season which can be done in person, over the phone or via email.
- Assisting families in coordinating places for their player to stay if they need to be out-of-town. (Generally other billet families will be willing to take a player for a short time so the Billet Coordinator can assist in identifying those homes.)
- Notifying Wild staff of any issues that you become aware of, including team rule violations, billet family concerns, player concerns, etc.
- Ensuring all paperwork from the billet families is complete before the start of the season, including USA Hockey registration, SafeSport certification & background checks.
- Maintaining a spreadsheet of all billet family contact information.
- Helping Wild team staff coordinate the Billet BBQ and Billet Appreciation Night.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve
This is a volunteer position – two season tickets will be provided to the Billet Coordinator.
To apply or for questions regarding the position please email Wild head coach Chris Clark at email@example.com or Wild Development Teams hockey director Troy Mick at firstname.lastname@example.org.