Alberni Valley Bulldogs Chilliwack Chiefs Coquitlam Express Cowichan Capitals Cranbrook Bucks Langley Rivermen Merritt Centennials Nanaimo Clippers Penticton Vees Powell River Kings Prince George Spruce Kings Salmon Arm Silverbacks Surrey Eagles Trail Smoke Eaters Vernon Vipers Victoria Grizzlies Wenatchee Wild West Kelowna Warriors
Team Sites
Follow the BCHL


October 24th, 2015


 Wenatchee, WA. – The Wenatchee Wild won a run and gun game with the Surrey Eagles Saturday night, winning 7-5 in front of 3,112 at the Town Toyota Center.

After an Owen Johnson goal, assisted by John Wesley and Ty Westgard gave Surrey the lead 58 seconds into the contest, Joe Drabin (Rochester, NY) would strike twice. The first, just 12 seconds after the Eagles had taken the lead, was assisted by Troy Conzo (Nesconset, NY) and Matt Baker (Midhurst, ON) at 1:10, tying the game 1-1. Drabin’s second goal, assisted by Alex Bates (Highlands Ranch, CO) and Baker at 7:55, gave Wenatchee the lead 2-1. Surrey’s Kyle Star scored from Matthew Hermary at 13:29 to tie the game 2-2, but the Wild would score late in the period to regain the lead. Dakota Raabe (Dana Point, CA) scored at 18:21, with Kyle Stephan (Barrie, ON) and Matt Burchill (Marshfield, MA) drawing the assists, giving Wenatchee a 3-2 lead after one.

The Eagles would strike quickly in the second to square the score. Darius Davidson scored a shorthanded goal from Nick Azar 18 seconds into the second, tying the game 3-3. However, the Wild would respond as they did in the first. Logan Milliken (Canmore, AB) fired one home, with the assists going to Stephan and Bryan Yoon (Parker, CO) at 44 seconds. The power play goal put Wenatchee on top for good, at 4-3. They would grab a two-goal lead on another power play goal, this one by Blake Christensen (Lauderhill, FL). Brendan Harris (Las Vegas, NV) and Drabin assisted at 7:52, putting the Wild up 5-3. After a Darius Davidson goal from Ty Westgard at 10:16 brought Surrey within one at 5-4, Wenatchee would regain the two-goal lead at 7-5, as August Von Ungern (Boise, ID) scored, assisted by Christensen and Drabin at 17:51, putting the Wild up 6-4 after two.

In the third, the Eagles’ John Wesley netted a power play goal from Kodi Schwarz and Tyler Andrews at 13:57, drawing Surrey within one, at 6-5. But Wenatchee would hold on from there, adding a Conzo empty net goal at 19:42 from Milliken and Drabin, giving the Wild the 7-5 win.

Wenatchee outshot the Eagles 48-28 on the night. Chase Perry (Andover, MN) made 23 saves for the Wild and Daniel Davidson had 41 saves for Surrey. Wenatchee was 2-for-7 on the power play and 4-of-5 on the penalty kill. “It’s nice to score a lot of goals.” said Wenatchee Wild Head Coach/General Manager Bliss Littler. “We made a lot of plays tonight. Nice to score seven. You’re never happy giving up five. Both teams were opportunistic, I was just happy with our overall effort.”

With the win, the Wild improve to 9-4-2-1 on the season, moving back into sole possession of first in the Mainland Division. The Eagles are now 4-11-0-0. The Wild stay home to face Surrey on Sunday, October 25th, at the Town Toyota Center starting at 7:05pm. Tickets are available at the door, at the Wild office, or by calling 509-888-7825 or 509-888-7274.

Battle For The Border