Wenatchee Wild Job Opportunities
The Wenatchee Wild Hockey Club is looking for a safe and experienced bus driver to operate the team bus, delivering team and staff to all road games.
- Clean driving history (We will need a copy of your Driving Record for the previous three years)
- Reliable, conscientious, punctual
- Neat, business-casual appearance
- Ability to freely travel to and from Canada
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicle
- Operate vehicle safely in all types of weather and traffic conditions
- Punctuality is critical.
- Pick up and deliver passengers safely
- Follow rules and regulations of the company and all driving laws
- Must be 25 years or older and have had your driver’s license for five years
- Have no more than two moving violations on your Driving Record
- Submit to and pass random drug tests and a criminal background check
- Must be in good physical condition, be able to walk quickly, get in and out of a vehicle easily and quickly, and lift 50 lbs. over head
- Pass a basic DOT Physical Examination
The above standards are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Wenatchee Wild Hockey is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and a drug-free workplace.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions for any employer at any time, be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and pass a criminal background check.
Job Type: Part-time
- driving: 5 years
To Apply: Please send a resume to [email protected] or bring it to the Wenatchee Wild Office located on the 2nd floor of the Town Toyota Center. You may also call Bliss Littler at 509-888-7825.
GAME DAY OPERATIONS INTERN
Job Summary: We’re looking for energetic, enthusiastic volunteer interns to assist the Wenatchee Wild with their game operations for the 2016-17 season. This internship will provide those who desire a career in the sports and entertainment industry with an opportunity to learn the event management and business side of our hockey organization. Interns will gain valuable career experience as well as enjoying networking opportunities in the process. The ideal candidate is someone who possesses a strong desire to work in sports as well as someone who has a “team first” mentality.
- Assist with all in-game promotions
- Assist with guest services table
- Assist in setting up and tearing down on game days
- Help coordinate all on-ice promotions at intermissions during all home games
- Help with the distribution of giveaways to fans
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Ability to attend all of our 28 home games as well as any pre-game meetings and rehearsals (includes nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs, and on the ice surface
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to follow a script and be alert at all times during games
- College/university student who is seeking practicum or internship credit or someone who seeks more volunteering experience
- Strong interest in sport management, business administration, event planning, event production, marketing or another related field
- Prior experience working or volunteering in sports or live events
For any of the above positions, please send resume to:
Wenatchee Wild Hockey
Attn: Game Ops
1300 Walla Walla Ave.
Wenatchee WA, 98801
or email it to [email protected]