Head Coach & General Manager
“His teams were always very competitive, well coached, prepared to play each night… his players always conducted themselves in a professional manner… I personally knew many of the players he coached over the years and I can say I never heard anything negative about him from any of them.”
“I have experience at virtually every level of hockey, Major Junior, Tier II, lower professional and the AHL. Bliss is by far the best coach that I have ever employed… is extremely organized. . . . can stay within a budget . . . he has also many great ideas that the marketing department can use to increase the bottom line ”
“In Bliss Littler, you get the full package. …Coach Littler will spend countless hours in preparing his athletes to perform at their best and achieve more than they expected.”
“Bliss had a goal for our staff to “Do junior hockey today better than it has ever been done before.” If you do your job and do it well, Bliss will be your biggest supporter. On the flipside, if you slip in your performance he expects immediate improvement, which is quite fair in my opinion.”
With twenty four years of experience, Wenatchee Wild Head Coach/General Manager Bliss Littler is USA Hockey’s all time Tier 1 and Tier 2 winningest coach, with 751 regular season wins to date through the 2016-17 season. The last five of those years have been in the northwest with the Wenatchee Wild. Prior to arriving in Wenatchee, Bliss spent eleven years in the United States Hockey League as a Head Coach/General Manager with the Omaha Lancers, Tri City Storm, and the Topeka Scarecrows. Five times he served as a coach for USA Hockey in international competitions. He launched his coaching career by spending seven years with the Billings Bulls of the AFHL and AWHL where he won five Borne Cups. He sported an overall record of 326-210-59 in the USHL, winning one Anderson Cup. In his career, he has coached over three hundred players that have moved on to play Division I hockey. He has also coached twenty five NHL draft picks including two first round picks. He’s seen over twenty of his former players advance to the NHL. He also holds a Bachelor Degree in General Studies from Minot State University. Bliss is married to his wife Gretchen, and they have two children, Cade and Grace. They make their full time home here in the Wenatchee Valley.
- 2017 – BCHL – Joe Tennant Memorial Trophy for Coach of the Year
- 2016 – BCHL Mainland Division Coach of the Year
- 2011 – Assistant Coach USA World Junior A Challenge (Bronze Medal) Langley, B.C.
- 2008 – Assistant Coach USA World Junior A Challenge (Gold Medal) Camrose, Alberta
- 2002 – Head Coach USA 19 and under Viking Cup (3-1-1 record) Camrose, Alberta
- 2000 – Assistant Coach USA 19 and under Viking Cup (Gold Medal) Camrose, Alberta
- 1997 – Assistant Coach USA 19 and under, Berne Cup(Gold Medal)Berne, Switzerland
- More than 300 players have moved on to play Division I hockey.
- Over 25 NHL draft picks.
- 2 NHL first round draft picks.
- Over 20 players have advanced to play in the NHL.
Read Notes from Bliss Littler at Junior Hockey.com
Listen to Bliss Littler talk hockey at Junior Hockey.com